Have you always wanted to cruise the Nile and admire the great temples that lie on its banks? A Nile cruise is an ideal way to travel in a relaxed way.
Do you see it cosy? Then maybe a Dahabiya sailing trip on the Nile is something for you? This too is possible through Rising Egypt in Wetteren.
What to expect.
- Visit ancient temples.
In Luxor you will visit the temples of Karnak and Luxor, the Valley of the Kings, the Memnon statues and the Temple of Hatsepsut.
On your way to Aswan you sail by the temples of:
- Esna temple (depending the schedule of the boat)
- the beautiful temple of Edfu, dedicated to the god Horus
- the temple of Kom Ombo temple; the temple dedicated to both Sobek, the crocodile god and Horus.
- Arriving in Aswan you will visit the Philae temple. Furthermore, while in Aswan you can also go to the highdam, the unfinished obelisk or visit a Nubian village.
- On the last day you can go on a day trip to Abu Simbel. Did you know that in addition to this famous temple, there is also a temple to Nefertari, the royal wife of Ramses?
- Professional Egyptological interpretation
In all places there are professional Egyptological explanations. This is in English. Younes is a living library and reveals to you all aspects of Egyptian culture and religion.
How your program can look like:
Day 1: Your guide will meet you at the airport and take you either directly to the boat or first to a hotel of your choice
Day 2: Visit of the west bank of Luxor, valley of the kings and the temple of Hatsepsut
Do you have more time? Then be sure to take a few more days to visit Luxor extensively. See our program 'Luxor'
Early bird? Book a hot air balloon excursion and see the Valley of the Kings and Hatsepsut from the air!
Day 3: Visit to Karnak temple and Luxor temple and possibly Luxor museum.
Day 4: Visit Esna temple (not every cruise stops at the smaller Esna temple). Visit Edfu temple and at sunset visit to Kom Ombo
Day 5: Arrival at Aswan. Visit Philae temple and the unfinished obelisk (or highdam, or Nubian village - your choice)
Day 6: Day trip to Abu Simbel. Overnight stay in hotel
Day 7: end of program